Monday, August 9, 2010

Tha ish: My big ass afro

My big ass afro made its debut today. I normally wear my natural hair in twists with the aid of extensions, but after thinking about doing something different with my hair for the longest time, I decided I should let my natural hair take center stage.



I have truly loved being chemical free for almost 10 years (my 10 year nappiversary will be Dec 2010), but the thought of not having my “fake hair” scared me. Seriously. I’ve been protected by extensions for so long that being without them made me feel a little vulnerable. During the 10 years of being natural, I never took the time out to appreciate my nappy hair! : )


So for the next 21 days, I plan to be extension-free! I hope I can do it.


Don’t worry; I will document my day to day hair issues.


p.s. I liked the way my hair looked today. I got up extra early to tame my crazy hair, but all in all it looked cool. Here’s a pic of my ‘do.

No comments: