Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tha ish: Bring It On!



I had the most amazing morning ever! I felt just as good today as I did last week when I got a free facial courtesy of my employer. Today I was able to partake in yet another fun event. I got to take a dance class as a part of a staff appreciation. Woo hoo!



On this momentous day, I had the utmost pleasure of shaking my booty in a two hour dance class given by instructor extraordinaire, Laura Furtado. Let me tell y’all, it was the best dance class I’ve ever taken. I took a reggae fitness dance class a few years ago, but Laura’s high energy, bubbly attitude and great music selection made the session so much better.


We started off with some hip hop dance moves which I completely ate up (I was soooo channelling my inner Missy Elliot), and then we worked our way into Bhangra/Bollywood style of dance. I had soooo much fun doing moves that I’ve seen in music videos and on the millions of dance shows.


I signed up for this class because I really don’t exercise at all and I would really like to start. It’s kinda funny because this class didn’t feel like exercise at all. I guess because I was jumping around having too much fun. Mind you, as I type this entry, I feel pain in my waist, booty and thighs! It’s a good pain though. LOL.


One of the coolest things that we did during the 2 hour dance class was that Laura divided the class into two groups and had us battle each other. I felt like the dancers you see battling it out on those cheesy dance movies. So, I of course, was getting cocky and excited knowing that I would soon show the class that I got the moves down pat. And, as luck would have it, I got a little toooo eager and half way through the routine I forgot the moves! Heheheh! I stumbled through the last part but I still had a good time.


I totally recommend taking Laura's sessions. I plan on taking more of her classes very soon. But before then, I plan on using some of the moves we learned in class up in da club! Holla!

No comments: