Monday, August 16, 2010

Tha ish: Day 8 Sexy hair?



It’s funny (or weird), that since I’ve taken out my extensions, I actually feel like those crazy ass women on those makeover shows who freak out when their hair is cut. They think that they won’t be attractive anymore and that their husbands/boyfriends will no longer want them. I know my hair hasn’t been cut, but I kinda feel those women's pain.  I am now exposing the real me by unleashing every kink and curl to the world. Seriously, it can be overwhelming at times.



Today wasn’t such a bad day though. I spent the afternoon shopping (I didn’t buy anything) and trying to get used to my twists. I had to check myself out in every mirror that I passed to make sure that I looked okay. Yep, I’m neurotic!


On one hand I like the new style because the twists give me a cool, edgy, badass vibe, but on the other hand, I kinda wish my hair were longer so that I could feel a little more girly. Yes, I said it. I know it’s stupid and ignorant, but it’s how I feel. I know that my style looks good (my mother keeps telling me how good it looks. She’s such a mom!), but I still want to feel sexy and attractive. I am a single lady!


I guess I need to get used to the new version of me. I’m trying.

No comments: