Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tha ish: Day 3...



Just in case you’ve stumbled on the website and want to know why I’ve deviated from writing about random things that I think are tha ish, well, it’s because I’m challenging myself to embrace my natural hair and not use extensions ( aka fake hair) for 21 days (* I have 18 more days to go). I plan on documenting this journey.


Today is day 3 of rocking a natural hairstyle.

7: 05 am   I woke up 25 minutes earlier than normal to start my day, ensuring that I had enough time to do my hair

8:00 am   I started to take my braids down (read: unbraid my hair)

8:30 am   After fixing my hair, I had to admit that my hair looked good! That shea butter worked miracles on my dehydrated hair. I like that my hair is moisturized and kinda fluffy.


I liked my hairstyle so much that I took a few pics so that I could update my facebook account [update: I still haven’t changed my profile pic yet.]


Although I left the house feeling great, I got a few comments that brought me back down to earth.


• “Why did you do that?”


• “I like it and I don’t


• “I prefer your “other hair” better


• “I have no comment”


• “You are brave!”


Honestly, I had to laugh at some of the comments. I know they weren’t said to be hurtful; they were just telling me how they felt about my new hairstyle. No big deal. All that matters is how I feel. Anyways, tomorrow is another day.


p.s. Within seconds of arriving to work, my hair was fondled by one of my co-workers. Not cool!



No comments: