Monday, March 2, 2009

Tha ish: I found my childhood crush on Facebook

As stalkerish as that may sound, I didn’t actually go on a hunt for my childhood crush. I just casually logged into my Facebook account and saw that a friend added him. And I, without hesitation, added him too. I had no idea if it was the same guy that I had a crush on when I was an awkward teen, but I added him anyway.


I wasn’t thinking that once we added each other we’d get together, get married and have kids; I added him because I always wondered what happened to him. One minute he was in my grade 8 class and the next he and his family up and moved to the states. As a lovesick teenager, I was heartbroken when he left. I could no longer hear his childish jokes, nor would I be subjected to his innocent flirtations. I complained to my best friend ad nauseum of the injustice. (yes, I was dramatic back then too!)


Well it turns out the mystery man that I added really was my childhood crush! I sent him a few messages to see if he remembered me and he quickly responded.


We sent a few more messages to each other and that was it. Like I said, I added him for kicks, not to see if fireworks would go off and we’d live happily ever after. I will admit that seeing him on facebook did make me reminisce a bit, but elementary was like a lifetime ago and I’ve crushed on soooooo many other guys since then. It was cool seeing him though.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

same as yours i also found my childhood crush...i can't explain the feeling that i felt when i saw him again on facebook. After more than 10 years i saw him again :)