Monday, June 1, 2009

Tha ish: Feeling like Carrie Bradshaw


OMG, I am soooooo excited. I just purchased my very first laptop! Yes, I have never owned a laptop. I’ve had my trusty desktop for over 8 years! I didn’t really didn’t think that I needed a laptop, nor did I think I wanted one. I was traumatized by one a few years ago, and I invariably swore them off.

I started to notice that I did in fact need laptop if I were to call myself a “serious writer.” Over the past year, I have become the laziest writer known to man. I rarely updated my blogs (yes, I have more than one) and I haven’t written a proper article in FOREVER. I also started to dread running into my office at home and putting on my old, clunky, slow computer. I then began to see the necessity of having something portable. I could write in bed, on the couch, in a cafe. I felt that it was time to enter the laptop era. (* I do understand that I’m like 20 years behind!)

I pondered what I should get. A million people told me to get a Mac, but after thinking about it for what seemed like an eternity, I decided against it. The Mac laptop/netbook was nice, but I think I hate Mac people (except for my sister. Well, when she talks about Macs I tune her out!). They are way too obsessed with Mac products, which unfortunately turned me off. That, and the fact that they are way too damn expensive.

So I settled on a cute HP model. I placed my order Thursday night, and received it first thing Monday morning!

Like a child on Christmas, I tore open the box and unearthed my new laptop. It was so shiny and new. I instantly fell in love. I can’t wait to write and pretend I’m Carrie Bradshaw working on her Sex & the City column. I can feel my literary juices flowing (okay, that sounds nasty!).

Anyways, I need some alone time with my sexy lil laptop.

Goodnight!

No comments: