Monday, February 16, 2009

Tha ish: Lions, tigers and bears


One might be turned off by the rather childish title, but Jazmine Sullivan’s third release off of her Fearless CD is anything but juvenile.

It is probably one of the best, if not the best written songs I’ve ever heard in my life!!! It’s so painful, yet poignant. It’s everything that I need in a sad love song. Which is probably why I am completely obsessing over this song. I. Love. This. Song!

Here’s a snippet of her lyrics…

I’m not scared of lions and tigers and bears (oh my)
But I’m scared of (loving you)

I’m not scared to perform at a sold out affair (that’s right)
But I’m scared of (loving you)

Am I the only one who thinks an impossible task?
Why it don’t last? Is that too much to ask?

Why do we love love, when love seems to hate us?

Check out her video here.

No comments: