Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tha ish: Barack Obama



I wanted to write an entry yesterday, but I honestly could not sit still long enough to write it. I was glued to CNN via my computer at work all day long. (BTW, I’m sure I have some angry clients. I so didn’t assist any of them yesterday! My bad!) There was nothing going to stand in my way of seeing the coolest dude EVER, being sworn in.




I was, and still am so immensely happy and proud to see Barack Obama sworn in as the 44th President of the United States. I still have goose bumps. I never thought that in my lifetime that we would see a black president. How beautiful is this?




I feel so fortunate to have witnessed this historic event. I wasn’t in Washington D.C. (pssst….I was this close to going. My friend KJ left me message about going with him and some friends, but I returned the call too late and he asked someone else. DAMN!!!), but I could feel the intensity and happiness that showered over the day.




This is something that I can tell my future kids, nieces and nephews.


I love that Barack is for peace and for change. But I really love and appreciate that he is able to speak to everyone, not just black Americans, but all people. He truly is the everyman.



Yes, I’m sooo crushing on Barack right now.



p.s. my fave Obama moment: Watching him get his dance on at the millions of Inaugural Balls. He’s sooo the man!

No comments: