Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Saying goodbye

Last week was a hard and emotionally draining week for me. It started from 7:30 am Monday June 22 all the way up to Thursday, June 25, 2009.



When I heard that that Michael Jackson passed, I honestly felt like a family member died. Ever since I have been on this earth, Michael has been making music. I consider myself lucky to have seen his rise to fame in the 80s and personally witness his music and innovative videos. I loved Michael. He defined my youth.



I still remember coming home for lunch from school and hearing Billie Jean on the radio. I actually went back to school late because I NEEDED to hear the whole song.



It’s great to see how Michael’s music touched everyone- regardless of race, age and gender. He was an entertainer. He lived for his fans. So for that, I say thank you.

RIP Michael,

No comments: