Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tha ish: Kim Davis

I was listening to Flow 93.5 fm last week (BTW, I’m still mad that Jemeni and Mark Strong ain’t on the air!), and I heard a really cool song. It had the sickest 80s beat. It is sooo 80s that it felt like I was transported back to 1986. All I needed was my fave neon skirt and jelly shoes!

As I listened to the song, I couldn't figure out who the singer was. She sounded like a mixture of Deborah Cox and Keyshia Cole. The suspense was killing me….who sang this song??!

I listened to the whole song even though I knew I’d be late for work. I finally found out who the songstress was. Her name: Kim Davis

My next challenge was finding out the name of the song. Actually, it didn’t take me too long. After I googled her, I got to her myspace page and I saw her video on YouTube. The name of the song is Valentine 4 Life. I also found out that she hails from Scarborough, Ontario. Big up to Canadian talent!

Take a listen,

Don’tcha love this song?? This is my new song of the moment.

until my next entry,

peace & love,


michelle


No comments: