Thursday, November 27, 2008

Tha ish: my list of don’ts

Being a single girl, I’m trying to be a bit more “out there.” Simply put, I want to be more proactive in the dating game (psst..so far I’ve been pretty relaxed…..ummm lazy is a better word!). I promise that I will throw myself recklessly into the game soon.

While I was mentally psyching myself up to start looking for that certain someone, I unfortunately ran into a bunch of Mr. Wrongs. They reminded me of the things that I try to steer clear of. But on a positive note, they did inspire me to write an entry for my blog.

Here is a short list of the things I’m NOT looking for.

  1. A guy that drenches himself in “old man” cologne

I love cologne and I absolutely love smelling cologne on men’s skin, but as soon as I catch a whiff of Old Spice or Brut, that’s it! I am outta there! They are two of the most offensive smells….ever! Honestly, if you smell like your dad circa 1979, move it along!

  1. A guy who smells of liquor before noon

Please don’t smell like liquor first thing in the morning, or mid afternoon for that matter. It speaks volumes about your personality and behavior that may or may not be true. It tells me that a) you ain’t got no job, b) you might have an alcohol problem and c) you might have some self control issues.

True these are very harsh assumptions, but can you at least wait until after hours before you get your drank on! Damn!

  1. A guy that wears excessive amounts of jewelry

I’ve written about this numerous times and my sentiments still ring true. Any man that feels the need to wear a 50lb gold chain and grillz might have his priorities out of whack. Hence, he ain’t the dude for me!


* Well that’s my brief list of no nos. Either I’m too picky (nah!) or I’m meeting all the wrong guys!


No comments: