Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tha ish: My American Boy



I used to publish a ‘zine back in the day, and I constantly wrote about my long distance love affair with my American Boy, L.S. We dated for about a year, but the distance, my naiveté, and our horrible communication issues led to its demise. But surprisingly, through it all, we’ve remained friends. Yes, we are the black version of Jerry and Elaine from Seinfeld.


Exactly one week ago L.S. came to visit me. What makes his visit extra special is that he completely surprised me! I was in my bedroom working on my blogs and I heard the doorbell. I ran upstairs and looked out of the peephole. I first thought it was my brother who passed by the house and had to go online (pssst...he has no computer at his place and has a slight addiction to facebook. Hence why he randomly drops by the house!), but the silhouette didn’t look like my bro.


Then I looked at the guy’s head and I noticed a Lakers cap perched on his head. L.S!!!!! It was my ex from Cali!!


I opened the door and he stood right in front of me. I couldn’t believe it! I had noooo idea that he was coming to town. He really got me. We couldn’t stop laughing. He actually planned 10 whole years ago that he would come to Toronto, knock on the door and surprise me. I can’t believe it actually happened!


I didn’t get to chill with him as much as I would like, but I treasure the time we spent talking, eating, and gossiping. BTW, he is the BEST person to talk to—the man is as chatty as me!! Gotta love him.


Although his 10-day vacay is done and he’s in California right now, I wanted to thank him for visiting me and I hope to see him next summer. I miss you, punk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy LS must be one lucky guy for you to still keep in touch with him and write such kind lines about his visit. But why would you call him a punk after writing so fondly about his visit?