Monday, December 13, 2010

Tha ish: Bahamas, baby!




Although I just got back from my 4-day cruise to the Bahamas (Dec 6-10th), I am in a total funk. I miss the palm trees, white sand and flirting with lascivious Bahamian men! I need another vacation! LOL



We visited Grand Bahama Island, Nassau, Freeport and Great Stirrup Cay. The islands were breathtaking. I have never seen water that colour in all my life! The water had such a vibrant turquoise-y colour that seemed unreal. I’m not much of a swimmer, but I had to dip my toes in the water just to fully experience it.


My favourite part of the trip was meeting a couple that operates Educulture Bahamas. It’s an organization that celebrates the culture of Bahamas. They provide a host of services. Everything from providing tours of the Junkanoo museum (Junkanoo is the major cultural festival of the Bahamas), to facilitating workshops and seminars. During our tour of the museum, we had the chance to make some Junkanoo music. Yes, I felt like a kid again banging on drums and shaking the bells!


I will say that I am very appreciative of the fact that I have consistently been able to get away from the blistery winter weather for the past 3 years. (FYI..it’s crazy cold in Toronto!) This trip was a little shorter than usual (I usually get away for at least a week), but I am soooo glad that I went. I have been completely stressed from work, and I really needed to take time out for myself to relax. I also went to celebrate my sis’ monumental b-day (don’t worry girl, I won’t tell them your age!).


Overall, Bahamas was gorgeous. I would like to go back to see and do more. Even though I’m totally missing being on vacation, I have my pics to warm my spirit! Yay!



No comments: