Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tha ish: my totally fun Caribbean vacation



I got back from my Caribbean cruise this past Sunday and I feel like I can seriously hop back on board of that amazing ship (I sailed on the Royal Caribbean). We travelled to Labadee, Haiti, Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico. We also had a chance to visit Cancun (BTW, it is very NICE!).

I had sooo much fun and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I met cool people, got hit on by “friendly” Jamaican men….basically life was good!

The reason for the cruise was to celebrate my mother’s birthday. She wanted to celebrate her monumental birthday big, so she wanted to go on a cruise.

I have never gone on a cruise before, and to be completely honest, I wasn’t that excited about it. I don’t really like being enclosed anywhere and I rather do my own thing on vacations. Knowing that I would be trapped on a boat for seven days was a bit daunting.

But being the good daughter that I am, I decided to take my mom on the cruise (actually, it was me, mom, and my sister that went on the cruise).

After experiencing this cruise, I have COMPLETELY changed my opinion of cruises. They are incredibly fun! I got my dance on on the ship’s deck at night, attended every dance/ comedy show, went skating (yes, I left the freezing Toronto weather to go skating on the ship!? heheh), and had some libations (the pina coladas were sick!). I can honestly say that this vacation exceeded my expectation.

Oh, I can’t forget the staff. They were fantastic (shout out to Albert, Rock, Rosefil, Baker, Kewin, Andre, Jason and everyone I came into contact with!). I have never been pampered like that in my whole entire life. They really take care of you. I loved every minute of it.

For anyone still not convinced that cruises are for them, take a look at this pic. Enjoy!


No comments: